1981e, 1991e, 2001e, 2011c, 2014e. Legend: e-estimate, c-census, o-other, ..
* Unofficial, calculated population.
• UK National Statistics
• The Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency
• General Register Office for Scotland
• "2011 Census: KS101EW Usual resident population, local authorities in England and Wales" Office for National Statistics. ret.2014-01-10.
• "Population Estimates for UK, England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, Mid-2014" "y2013,2014"
• Philip's geographical digest (1996) For some missing data
• 1991 and earlier Censuses
• Local Authorities KS01 Usual resident population 1991-2001
 City density map, generated by population.city using data provided to us by 1km.net website. Every circle is city with population over 5000. Link
Population density map generated by instructions from daysleeperrr on reddig. Link1
Used data source is the Gridded Population of the World (GPW), v3 online at the the Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC) at Columbia University. Link2
Additional urban land cover: Extracted from Global Land Cover Characteristics Data Base Version 2.0 and Binary MOD12Q1 data on shadedrelief.com. Link3