1981c, 1996c, 2001c, 2006c, 2011c, 2014e. Legend: e-estimate, c-census, o-other, ..
* Unofficial, calculated population.
• Australian Bureau of Statistics
• AUSTRALIAN DEMOGRAPHIC STATISTICS 2014
• Census of Population and Housing, 1981
• Hagan, Jim, ed. (1997). 14. The Emergence of Multicultural Wollongong. A History of Wollongong. The University of Wollongong Press. ISBN 0-86418-446-8.
• 1996 census of population and housing PDF
• Population growth and turnover in Local Government Areas (LGAs), 2006 to 2011 Table. Australian Bureau of Statistics. DL: 2015-11-17
 City density map, generated by population.city using data provided to us by 1km.net website. Every circle is city with population over 5000. Link
Population density map generated by instructions from daysleeperrr on reddig. Link1
Used data source is the Gridded Population of the World (GPW), v3 online at the the Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC) at Columbia University. Link2
Additional urban land cover: Extracted from Global Land Cover Characteristics Data Base Version 2.0 and Binary MOD12Q1 data on shadedrelief.com. Link3